Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Card CASE

Hope you're having a blessed Sunday! Yesterday I had some free time and got a chance to visit some blogs. Oh my, the ideas that are out there! I felt like a kid in a candy shop! I did find a lovely card at Kathe's Adventures here, and thought it would be a great card to CASE for my Christmas card stash that I've been working on. Go check out her's and you'll see I made a few changes to make it fit my style a bit more.

Stamps: Bells & Boughs, and The Sounding Joy
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, and Crumb Cake
Accessories: Sponge quarter, Mini Glue Dots, and retired SU! gold ribbon

After all the watercolored holly from yesterday's cards, I went much more simple on today's card. I kept the layout and colors from Kathe's original card, but changed the stamps and ribbon used and added some Crumb Cake sponging to give it a softer, more vintage, look. I had totally forgotten about this ribbon in my retired stash, but it gives just enough soft glimmer to brighten my card.

Here's the inside - again very simply done. But I'm happy with another 10 cards to add to my basket. I'm getting closer to having enough cards to mail out. Then comes the job of addressing and signing each of them. But today is only December 11th, so I think I've got time to get them all finished and in the mail. We'll see....

Thanks for coming by. Hope you're enjoying your preparations for Christmas too. Now I'm off to my daughter's house where we'll be making her favorite cookies - Chocolate Pixies. Have yourself a great week. Hope you'll stop by again soon. Sharon

No comments: