Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday Thoughts and Thanks

Hope you're enjoying this Sunday and taking time to reflect on the events that happened so long ago on this Holy Week. It's been a quiet day today and I've been working on getting my Easter cards finished and addressed. If I'm lucky, my friends and family will actually get their cards on time this time around! Hooray! So thought I'd share this card with you before the stack gets in the mail tomorrow. Here's my card idea. Hope you like it!


Stamps: Something to Celebrate and God Bless 2 (retired)

Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White

Ink: Perfect Plum

Accessories: Big Shot with Lattice Die and Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 1" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Modern Label Punch, Basic Pearls, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals






I've been hearing about making a cross from the Lattice Die, but hadn't tried it yet. My downline Phyllis came to the rescue. She borrowed my Lattice Die and then showed my how to cut out the cross. Thanks Phyllis!! The die-cut lattice is held diagonally and then it's easy to see the cross design. As soon as you know where to look, it just jumps out at you. At least it did for me. If you have any problems figuring it out, email me and I'll email you .







I wanted to keep the card design very simple with the empty cross as the focal point. This fit exactly what I had in mind.


When you trim the cross, you end up with extra pieces and I just couldn't bear to throw them all away. So I trimmed one up to make the open leaf design on the inside of the card. Hope this gives you some ideas. I love how this card turned out and I'm thrilled to be sending them on to those I love and care about.


Thanks for stopping by today. All comments are so very appreciated. It's nice to know what you think of my creations. Have a blessed, peaceful Sunday!


Sharon

No comments: