Monday, April 11, 2011

Hooray for Cheers!

As I mentioned last post, the time has come to work on those masculine cards we all need. We always need birthday cards and now it's getting time to think about Father's Day cards too. So that's what I've been working on lately. The card today could be used for either, depending on the sentiment used on it. So let's get started right away! I had this idea floating around in my head for awhile, but just hadn't put the ink to the rubber so to speak. Time to give it a try. This one is my first try. It's ok, but seems a little too plain. I had been thinking monochromatic, but now I'm not too sure. Stamps: Cheers to You and Party Hearty Cardstock: Old Olive and Very Vanilla Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Old Olive Accessories: AquaPainter with bleach, Black Hemp Twine, Tag Punch, Word Window Punch, Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Sponge quarter, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Things I like about the card - definitely bleaching the foamy beer, the hanging tag, the tone-on-tone layering. But the total amount of the olive color seemed just too much. I also debated about the 'party hearty' sentiment. Wasn't sure I liked it. So I was off and running on the remake before the bleach could dry out in my painter


This is my final take on the card. A few changes were made and the look seemed much more eye-catching to me. Hope you like it too.


Here are the major changes - ribbon color and type (major difference - more manly!), Ticket Corner Punch corners added, changed the hemp twine to a natural color, and lastly I left off the sentiment. Instead I might add either a Father's Day or birthday sentiment.


Well, there you have the two versions, similar but quite different in the total look. One of the quirky things about making this card was the additional beer mug. Seems like I had to make about 4 of them before the bleached out color was the same. Different dye lots of cardstock really do give a different finished look - everything from a golden yellow, to cream, to purplish white. Crazy!! But it was fun to do, and now I've got a few more beer mugs all set to put on another card! Maybe I'll stamp the background on Vanilla and watercolor the beer mugs with Old Olive the next time. We'll see how that would work out!!


Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you're in the mood to party with your stamps!!

Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Great masculine card! Hey, I like the "party hearty"-pretty funny! But I like the ribbon on the second one much better. Cute idea for bleaching the beer foam!