Saturday, April 2, 2011

High Flying Father

Wow, posting three times this week! Yah!! Hope I can keep this going for awhile before I run into another 'speed bump' in life. Next Tuesday the ladies are meeting back at church to make the cards for the "From Our Hearts" group to send to our soldiers. With being sick lately, I'm so very far behind in the planning for this month. We need to make some Father's Day cards, so that's what I was working on today. And since masculine cards are my biggest challenge style, it's been slow going today. But these cards are important, so let's hit it! The card I'm sharing today has a little bit of everything - old, new, and contraband - ooops! One of the ladies was kind enough to bring me some neutral cardstock and matching envelopes to use. It was interesting finding colors that worked together with this. The card base is one of the colors she brought. It's a nice neutral tan sort of similar to Crumb Cake. Then I raided some of my old, retired colors of ink to use with it. And then threw in a new (first time used!) stamp set. You just never know what's going to go great together! Stamps: Plane & Simple and Itty Bitty Backgrounds (retired) Cardstock: Early Espresso and Very Vanilla with unknown tan cs Ink: Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Bermuda Bay (all retired) Accessories: 1/2" Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Sending Love Epoxy Brad (retired), and Dimensionals I love the look of a stamped border along the side of the card instead of using ribbon. Ribbon is just too girlie, so I thought this border would be just a perfect touch. After stamping the items with all earthtone ink, it just called out for a pop of turquoise to liven in up. Hope the ladies enjoy making a dozen of these cards. They should stamp up quickly using this collage look. A couple ladies had ordered this stamp set last month at a workshop one of the ladies held and were asking for an idea for using it. This might be just what they've been looking for. Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your weekend! See you in church tomorrow!! Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

I have the toughest time with masculine cards! This one is great! Great idea with the touch of turquoise!