Monday, April 18, 2011

Paisley Prints Thanks

Is it really April 18th? I wasn't sure, because when I got up at 6:15 this morning it was snowing outside. Yes, you read that right - snowing!!! I could hardly believe my eyes! And it was still snowing at 2pm! And it left a whole inch of snow covering my car - bummer!! The calendar says it's spring, but I'm not too sure about that right now. Anyway, I've been doing some more creating with the Four Frames stamp set and Paisley Prints Designer Paper that are available in the sneak peak promotion for another 12 days. If you haven't gotten them yet, you can click on the order now button on the side and take care of that right away! Ok, back to the card I designed. Looking over the pretty prints available, I was drawn to the soft daisy-looking floral. Whatever I came up with for that paper, I knew I wanted to keep the design very soft and gentle looking. So here's what I came up with today.... Stamps: Four Frames (sneak peak) and Fabulous Phrases Cardstock: River Rock, Marina Mist, and Very Vanilla with Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper Ink: Marina Mist Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Basic Pearls, and Dimensionals The label is one of the new Four Frames set, and I love all four of them. They each have their own style so it's easy to find just the perfect one to fit your design. I chose this one with the birds 'cuz it reminded me of the robins that I've been seeing outside again. When I see them, they are the real promise of spring to me. And with the snow today, I have my doubts that spring is ever getting here! I'd been having trouble figuring out where to use those teeny tiny pearls from the Basic Pearls set. I tend to choose the medium and larger sizes for my projects. On this one I decided the tiny pearls looked like a perfect match for the white dots on the floral print paper. Don't they fit together nicely? Well that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by to see what's new. Have a great week and try to stay out of the snow! Sharon

No comments: