Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Luncheon Favors

Today I want to share with you some pictures of the favors I made for our Ladies Spring Luncheon at church last Saturday. It started out small and about a week before the date the numbers of attendees rose to about 90. Whew - time to start cranking out those favors that I was asked to make. We had decided on what they would be and how they'd be filled. Now it was just a matter of getting them all made - all 92 of them! Here's a picture of the boxful - at least one layer of 30 of them. Don't they look pretty, feminine, and definitely ready for spring? Stamps: none Cardstock: assorted Designer Series Papers that were in yummy spring colors Ink: none Accessories: Big Shot with Large Scallop Circle Die, retired Double Rectangle Punch, lots of ribbons that were in my stash, cello bags for suckers, and tons of pastel M&M candies to fill them Here's a better shot of a few of them to get a general idea of the way they looked. I used so many different colors and prints of retired papers from many different packs including: Tea Party, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose Pattern Packs, Petals and Paisley, Delicate Dots, and many more that I can't even remember the names anymore. Such a pretty collection they made! Thought I'd share a few pics of the rest of the table decoration so you could see how pretty it all looked together. This set-up looked like going to one of the lovely tea rooms in the area for high tea which I love to do. One of the ladies made up the all-in-one menu and program. They were so cute that many of the attendees took them home with them. Here's a quick look at the appetizer table. The veggies were so fresh and colorful - yummy too. And I'm still waiting for a copy of the spread for the crackers. It had cream cheese, pineapple, and green onions with some other goodies - so scrumptious! I forgot to take a pic of our plates when they came. Chicken Almond Salad, with orange slices, fresh pineapple chunks, grapes, and a flaky croissant. It was plenty filling, but not heavy. Just perfect. Lastly, I thought I'd share a picture of the center piece which also featured our desserts. These perfect little cupcakes were so cute we hated to bite into them! Each of the cakes were baked into these floral paper holders. There was a choice of lemon, strawberry, or raspberry. Each of them had a fruit jelly type of filling and a swirled buttercream frosting with delicate pastel sprinkles. And I can't forget that each of them had an edible little candy bug at the top. Aren't they just adorable? For our speaker, we had a comedian by the name of Evelyn Smallbladder. I have to tell you I was laughing so hard my sides hurt afterwards and I was mopping up the tears! Check her out on Google if you'd like to hear more about her and listen to a little clip. She is just hilarious!! Well, hope you enjoyed hearing about our luncheon. Wish you could have been there to share the day with me. It was such a fun way to spend an afternoon with friends. Thanks for letting me share it with all of you! Happy spring! Sharon

No comments: