Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pink Petals

I finally got a chance to get downstairs today. Carson went out like a light right this noon. Sure do love those long naps every once in awhile. Too bad they don't happen every day at a regular time so I could make plans! Oh well, I just need to take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself. My thought today was to do something with my new Build a Blossom stamp set and the coordinating punch that goes along with it. My, my, they sure do work well together!! I've been purposely not looking at what others are making with this so I could come up with something myself. Now that it's made, I'm not sure about it. Please let me know what you think.
Stamps: Build a Blossom and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Certainly Celery and Whisper White with Certainly Celery DSP
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, and Basic Gray pads and Pink Pirouette marker
Accessories: Blossom Petals Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Small Oval Punch, Antique Brads, White Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
I didn't realize just how many punches I'd used on the card until I started cleaning up and my table was littered with them! But I must tell you how easy it is to punch out the stamped images. It really made putting this flower together quick as a wink.
Don't know if you can tell from the pics, but I did some shaping on the leaves so they puffs up in the middle of each petal. When putting the flower together, I added a Dimensional in the center of each petal so they would stay pouffed up.
I colored the taffeta ribbon with a marker again. I just love the soft color that gives and then I can have ribbon in any color of the SU! rainbow!!
Ok, now that I've got one card made from the set, it's time to go peruse the Stampin' Connect site to see what everyone else is making. I'm sure they're creations will put mine to shame. But I had fun making it none the less. Thanks for stopping by. You know, I thoroughly appreciate any comments you might care to leave. Have a great day...
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Well I think it's lovely! I haven't quite made up my mind to purchase this yet. Great idea about the dimensionals under the petals!