Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blessings Card

Life has been crazy lately. Our little grandson is pulling himself up on the furniture now and crawls quicker than I do! Whew, grammy's gettin' worn out. But I wouldn't miss this for anything. Nothing brings out the sunshine quicker than one of his smiles! But that doesn't help me get any cards made now, does it? Seems like the inspiration bug hasn't hit in awhile. Of course, not being downstairs in my stamping cave might just have something to do with that little problem. I've been trying to come up with some great ideas for a workshop next week. This is an idea that I've been playing around with. Whatd'ya think??


Stamps: Herb Expressions
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry with Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry pads, and Rich Razzleberry marker
Accessories: Big Shot with Finial Press Emboss Folder, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Basic Pearls, Sanding Block, and Dimensionals






I love the look of embossed and sanded designer papers. Sort of a print on top of a print look. The polkadot print is so subtle that you really have to pay attention to notice it.

And what do you think of the ribbon? I just ran the Razzleberry marker across the pink ribbon. It dried almost instantly and came out almost as an ombre look. Really neat when you see it in person.

I added just a little strip of the designer paper on the inside to give it a little more interest. All in all, I'm happy with the look and think I'll be sharing this with the ladies next week. Hope they like it too!

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate you taking the time to leave comments. They always make my day!!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the embossed background-nicely done! The inside is lovely-nice touch!