Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate!

When I saw the set "Eat Chocolate" in the new Occasions Mini, I knew this was one set I had to have. Chocolate and I have had a strange love/hate relationship for many years, and it's still going on. Sometimes I can go a month or two and not have a single piece of chocolate. (Can you believe that??) Then the cravings will hit and I'll want chocolate in any shape or form I can find it. Definitely addicting!! But I digress. This blog is about stamping, not chocolate. Of course it does help to have chocolate nearby when you're stamping and run into a problem. It helps with the creative process, you know!! LOL Anyway..... I was blog surfing earlier and found a really cute idea using this set. I didn't have the right accessories to copy her outright. So I played around with her idea and made a softer, smoother version of Geneva Chapin's Chocolate!


Stamps: Eat Chocolate
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla with Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Early Espresso 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals








This was such a quick card to make, it actually surprised me! I hope you take the time to visit Geneva's blog and see her original design. It really is charming! It's fun to take someone else's idea and change up the components to make it look very different. You can use the same sketch design hundreds of times, but it always looks different depending on the colors and stamps you choose to use. Go ahead, have fun with this design and let me know what you've come up with!

Thanks for stopping by today. Gotta run. I have a workshop tonight and I'm all excited about seeing these ladies. They're great and I know we're gonna have fun tonight!!
Happy stamping...
Sharon

No comments: