Sunday, February 20, 2011

Perky Today

Well, at least my card is "perky" today! I finally got a chance to check out the Stamping 411 blog today. As soon as I saw the sketch they had posted for this weekend, I just knew what I wanted to make with it. For some reason it really got my mojo in gear and I really wanted to get downstairs and stamp today. Besides, it was snowing and blowing again outside, so who wanted to go out grocery shopping on a day like this? So, down to the stamp cave I went and started poking through my stash of designer papers to see what was there. Oh, this was fun today. Matching stamps and colors to a sketch - what could be better than that? Here's what their sketch inspired me to make....

Stamps: Morning Cup
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White with Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Neutrals Watercolor Crayons, Word Window Punch, White Striped Organza Ribbon, Sponge Daubers






Of course, I had a little problem following the sketch as it was. You know I just have to play around with ideas! I stood the sketch up on end, and changed around the ribbon idea. Instead of tying the ribbon around the card, I just cut the ends fish-tail style. I added the little sentiment to the corner of the main layer to 'perk it up'!

I love these colors together. Truthfully, I would never have chosen them to go together. Instead I needed to check in the Color Coach to give me a wow color combo, and this really seemed to work great.

Hope you like this idea, and I appreciate you stopping by to see it. Have a great Sunday and get a little time set aside to stamp. It really does 'perk' you up! OK, enough about the perky comments. I'll try to get them under control before my next post. lol
Sharon

9 comments:

Kerin said...

Mmmm, a hot cup of coffee on a snowy day, that's what I'm enjoying right now! I love your soft coloring, great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week :)

Patti Chesky said...

Love your take on the sketch. I am a big fan of that stamp set. Love what you've done with it!

Selene Kempton said...

This is perfecT! I LOVE the sentiment and the paper, and your coloring... oh I could keep going! Great job with this week's sketch!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is just the cutest set. I love it. You're water coloring it fantastic Sharon. Thanks for playing along.

gbarron56 said...

I agree -- there is nothing better than matching stamps and colors to a sketch! You are a woman after my own heart. And your card is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411 this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Kathy said...

i think your perky card is too cute- i saw it over on 411 and it just popped out to me -

Lisa Hensley said...

I love this!

Rhonda Langley said...

I love this set but I haven't really used it much. Great coloring of the peculator!

Unknown said...

Love this stamp set and how you used it!! Those colors are so soft and pretty too!!