Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gala Greenhouse Cards

It's that time of the month for me. No, no, no. Not that time of the month! It's time to get rolling on the cards we'll be making next Tuesday night when we get together to stamp cards for our military overseas. It takes a good week for me to come up with enough ideas to keep all the ladies busy and get everything cut and organized. We try to make about 150 cards in a two hour time frame, so there's a ton of planning that goes into it. Here's a couple of ideas that we'll be doing.
I had a couple sheets of this lovely green pattern paper from the Greenhouse Gala DSP pack. I like the looks of the green and yellow together - so spring-y, and with all the snow we've been getting around here we need all the help we can get!! The card is very generic so can be used for any kind of note home. I'd been planning mostly Mother's Day cards, and just needed a break for something a little different.
Stamps: All Holidays
Cardstock: So Saffron and Very Vanilla with Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Big Shot, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, So Saffron Ribbon (retired)
I had two long strips of DSP left over from the other card idea, so they needed to be put to use. Here's how I used the pieces. I was able to get only 4 of these cards made, but I'm sure that'll be alright.
For this card I used a retired SU! set called Never Ending Joy. I always liked this set and it's one I dig out every once in awhile just because. I added a punch of color with Rich Razzleberry that just made it 'sing'!
It's really fun planning these stamping marathon nights for the ladies at church. We've been getting together once a month for over a year now. What a great way to spread God's love to others and encourage each other along the way. Hope the soldiers enjoy sending these cards home as much as we enjoy making the cards for them. If you'd like to learn more about the "From Our Heart" group that heads up this endeavor, just click on the button on the side to get to their blog.
Thanks for taking time to stop here. Hope these ideas give you a smidgeon of inspiration to get out there and stamp!!
Sharon

No comments: