Friday, December 24, 2010

'Twas The Night Before Christmas...

But we haven't gotten to the part where nothing was stirring, etc. I just finished wrapping the gifts and making the last gift card holders. The cookies and candies are all finished. At least, I've quit whether I was actually finished or not. And it's almost time to get ready for church. So what's left to do tonight? Share one more post with you! In fact, I should have called this the ornament edition. Yes, I've spent time during the past week or so making a slew of ornaments. My cat chews on the fake tree and then steals stuff off of it, so my delicate glass ones didn't even come out this year. Some I gave away before I got pictures of them, but these are a good representation of what was made.
There were a bunch of the snowflake snowglobe type of ornaments made this year. Those were really fun to make. These two just have glitter for shaking and none on the outside. Others have been glittered all over the place inside and out! Gotta make sure they shine on the tree, ya know!

I used both the Chunky Glitters and the Glass Glitter on the ornaments. It just depended on the look I wanted.



This was my favorite ornament when it was finished. The image has added glitz from the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint that was used over the bells. There was also some Frost White Shimmer Paint accents on the berries, holly, and ribbon. So very pretty!!








This picture might give you a better idea about the shimmer on the image. Like I said, this one's my favorite of all that I made this year. As you can see, I raided my stash of retired DSP's to make these ornaments. I was looking for certain colors to use, and this fit the bill.








My daughter will only put blue and silver ornaments on her tree, so these are for her. I also did a few of the snowflake style (1st one shown) done up with blues for her.

On the backs of the ornaments I used a retired gold/silver Zig Painty pen to add the names and/or years depending on who they're for. It surprised me that my pen was still in working order after sitting around since last Christmas. What a nice surprise for me!

Well, that's it for tonight. Time to get redy for the candlelight service at church tonight. I think this is always the loveliest service in the whole church year and something I never want to miss.

Wishing you a very Blessed Christmas! Take time to thank God for the gift of His Son, Jesus, who was born in Bethlehem. He came so you and I can be redeemed and and become children of God. This is the most glorious gift ever!
Sharon

No comments: