Thursday, December 16, 2010

Birthday Hydrangea

Ok, today I have another class project for you. One of the nicest sets in the catalog can't be purchased, but you can get it free when you're a hostess. Can you guess which set I totally love?? It's called 'Because I Care', and I'm really excited about using it. I've done several cards with it already that I like, but I've always veered toward using very subtle colors. This time I got a bit bolder and used richer versions of my beloved subtles. See what you think of it....

Stamps: Because I Care and Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, and Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Daffodil Delight, and Certainly Celery
Accessories: Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Sponge Dauber, Striped Organza Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Aqua Painter, and Dimensionals



For this card, the ladies also got to choose whichever sentiment they wanted. Most all of the stamps in the Sincere Salutations set fit nicely into the scallop oval punch, so there was alot of switching around and changing minds of what stamp they really wanted to use. Sometimes having choices just makes it harder to make a card. (At least that's what they tell me!)
Seems like I cut a few too many cardstock sets of this sample, so I think I'll get them stamped up today before I get everything put away. Yeah, I know, I should have put it all away last night after class, but I got lazy. Oh well. That just means it's time to stamp today before I get on with getting my own cards finished, addressed, and mailed. And it's not even 3 days before Christmas yet!! Wow - this might be a new record for getting cards out on time! I'll let you know if they actually get finished today!
Have a great day! Take a deep breath, you still have 8 days before Christmas to get everything finished!!! Help.......
Sharon

1 comment:

Louise Fox said...

Your color design is so beautiful! It is a stunning card and a wonderful inspiration! Blessings