Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Minute Christmas Cards

What a week this is turning out to be - sheesh!! Yesterday I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I know, who in their right mind would plan that for the week before Christmas. Me, that's who! Unfortunately I had to cancel my appointment twice in the previous 6 weeks, and I was determined to get it done before the end of the year. So my gums were sore from that. Then today while eating something quite innocuous, a section of one of my teeth just broke off. I called and they'd had a cancellation - could I come right now. So I spent part of this afternoon getting a temporary crown put on my tooth. Doesn't that sound like fun??? My jaw and gum area around the tooth still hurts. Boo hoo little me :( Oh well, I get to look forward to getting the permanent crown put on right after the first of the year!! Hooray! What a way to start out the new year! Well, I am thankful they could get me in today and I didn't have this happen over the holidays. Wouldn't that be the pits? Alright, enough whining here and let's get on with the cards!!

Ok now, I know it's only 4 days til Christmas and you've had all your cards in the mail eons ago, but I ran out of cards that I'd made and had to whip up a few more on Sunday. Seems to happen every year. I should know better by now and just make twice as many as I think I'll need. Anyway, I thought I'd use up a few segments of dsp that I had left and make up some super-quick cards. Here you go....


Materials for all three cards are as follows:

Stamps: Peaceful Season (hostess)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake and either Always Artichoke or Cherry Cobbler with Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Always Artichoke on #3
Accessories: White Pearlized Smooch Accent Ink, Sponge Dauber, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, and the Ticket Corner Punch on card #3




These three cards are very basic, but because of the lovely Deck the Halls DSP used they are still gorgeous. I added the sponging on the DSP on each card to give them more of a vintage look.

On the first two cards, I used touches of the Smooch Accent Ink to give them a hint of luxury and opulence. Even if they only took moments to make, I still think they look quite nice. The Bells and Boughs Designer Paper has been one of the easiest to use with the prettiest results!!




This last card also used the slot punch for the ribbon to slide through. Then a tied bow was attached with a Mini Glue Dot.

Now aren't you glad you took a minute to check these cards out? Simple, but I'm still very happy with them.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope your Christmas preparations are going better than mine!

Sharon

No comments: