Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beary Nice Birthday

Ok, I sat down yesterday and worked on the little girl's birthday cards. For some reason, little girls (and big girls too!) seem to be much easier for me to plan out. Don't know why, but it just is! I hadn't played with my bear stamps in quite a while. In fact, all the stamps I own in the "Growing Up" category are sadly avoided. Maybe with that little grandson in our lives those stamps will get used more regularly now. At least that's the plan. So, on with the card I worked on yesterday. The ladies did a wonderful job of coloring the bears with chalks and I think they had fun doing something a little out of the ordinary for us.

Stamps: Beary Best Friends and Beary Nice Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, and Apricot Appeal (sadly retired) along with a retired Designer Paper that I don't remember the name of - sorry!
Ink: Tempting Turquoise and Apricot Appeal (retired), and Basic Brown (also retired!)
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels




It's been awhile since I had my chalk pastels out too. So it was fun sharing with the ladies how to use them, and they did a great job coloring the bears. It's always fun to try 'new' products when you're still sort of a new stamper and not a totally addicted stamper the has just about everything already!! Hope the little girls that get these bears for their birthday cards like them as much as we enjoyed making them.

Just a quick update on our stamping for the soldiers last night. Because of everything going on at church this month (including a MOPS Christmas Party tonight that 4 of my regulars were at!) we still accomplished quite a bit for only 5 of us that were there. Out of the 5, four of us had worked on the Ladies Guild Christmas Dinner Monday night so we were all exhausted and just a little bit slap-happy. We laughed so much last night it's a wonder we got anything made at all. Surprisingly, we actually finished 117 cards!! Woo Hoo!!! Now it's time to get them all boxed up for the "From Our Hearts" ladies and off to the Post Office.

Thanks for stopping by today. Relax, enjoy your day, and find some time for stamping!
Sharon

No comments: