Thursday, December 9, 2010

Change of Pace

Today I'm sharing something with you that I don't normally do. This card was made with two contraband stamps. Oh, no, treason!! Shhhhh, don't tell anybody that I'm actually using something other than Stampin' Up! So if you're a SU! purist, stop reading right now and come back tomorrow!

Actually this stamp and the sentiment have been in my stash for close to 18 years. It was one of my go-to stamps when I just wanted to cheer someone up. But it's been tucked away for years and really needed just a little touch of love before it gets tucked away again. And horrors!, the golden yellow cardstock is not SU! either!! It was given to me by one of the ladies from church that come to make cards for the soliers last month. She thought I could find a use for it. When I saw the color, I immediately thought of this stamp to go along with it. So here's one of the cards we made on Tuesday night....


Stamps: non-SU!
Cardstock: Whisper White and non-SU!
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Colored Pencils, 2-Way Glue Pen with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Word Window Punch, Regals Mini Brads










Isn't this chubby little bee cute? It always brings a smile to my face, so I hope the soldiers that choose this card will love it too!

There was something a little quirky that happened when I made this card. Can you see on the wings where I used the 2-Way Glue Pen and glitter? I used only white pencil lightly on the wings to keep them transparent looking. Yet each time we used the glue pen it left a rosy mark on the card. I checked the glue pen and there was no red on it at all. So where did the rosy color come from???? Very strange indeed.

Well, hopefully I'll get a chance to stamp today for a little bit and then I'll have something using Stampin' Up! stamps and products tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that I can actually get to it! Toodles...
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely contraband card-you rebel you! This is a cute image! Isn't it funny how that pink showed up-some sort of chemical reaction??