Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rejoicing in Blues

One of the nicest sets in the Holiday Mini Catalog this year is the 'Rejoicing in Christmas' set. It has perfect, clean lines and the Bible verse and sentiment make this one a special card for your Christmas. I've made this simple design in both a white and an ivory version. I really thought I'd prefer the Very Vanilla, but now that they're both made, I'm opting for the second version in Whisper White. Which one do you like better??

Stamps: Rejoicing in Christmas
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, and either Whisper White or Very Vanilla
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Big Shot with Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Aqua Painter, either Whisper White or Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, and Dimensionals
Other than the basic cardstock used, the cards are identical. I'm not sure why the colors in the photos look so similar. IRL there seems to be a major difference between the two cards. The star on the vanilla card seems to get lost, but stands out quite nicely on the white. I'll probably be making more of these to send to family and friends, because I usually send out cards with a very definite Christian theme. I mean, that's what Christmas is all about, isn't it?!
I want to remind you that we're still enjoying the Smokey Mountains. Just a few more days and we'll be heading back home. Wish this vacation could go on a bit longer, but I've got so much to get back here and do! I'm still planning on more cards for stamping on Tuesday the 5th for our soldiers. We'll be making more Christmas cards, so back to planning!!
Sharon

No comments: