Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Elegant Ornament Card

It's been busy this week as usual. Our grandson is a treasure, even when he has one of those fussy days like yesterday. Nothing was quite right and he was tired as all get out. But he wouldn't keep his little eyes closed. Oh well, today was another day and he was back to his happy smiley self again. He took such a good nap today my hubby and I got a batch of tomatoes canned! Hooray! Just thinking about making chili or spaghetti sauce makes me feel like fall is coming soon. And what comes right after that? Why Christmas and all those cards that need to be made and mailed out!! Tonight I was checking ideas on Stamping Connection, a website for demonstrators, and found a lovely idea by Becky Jensen. It looked quick and easy, but still very elegant. Of course, there's a little tweak or two, but what do you expect?
Stamps: Tags til Christmas
Cardstock: Whisper White and Brushed Silver
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot with Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Ornament Punch, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
I thought the card turned out pretty, but I got to thinking about it and did a few more changes to the design. But I can't show you that one just yet. Next week is my week for classes and the new, improved card will be one of the projects. I just loooooove the newest version and can't wait for the ladies to see it. Still quick and easy enough to make large multiples for Christmas, but oh so elegant! I promise I'll share the Elegant Ornament Card 3.0 with you next week. You'll just have to be patient and check back after classes are finished on Wednesday. Okay??
Well that's about it for tonight. I'm beat and don't think I can manage to stay up any longer. I'm off to bed.
G'night,
Sharon

No comments: