Friday, November 11, 2011

Two for One Today

I guess this is what happens when I have time to play around with my stampin' stuff all day! No babysitting today, so all afternoon was spent designing cards. Oh, I'd almost forgotten how much fun that is!! I had an idea to do a mostly white card with just a little pop of accent color. Since I hadn't even inked up my Gifts of Christmas stamp set this year, I thought it would be perfect for what I had in mind. Well, I did a little boo boo when I embossed the first stamping by using gold glitter instead of gold embossing powder. Hmmm, slightly messy when it all came off on my fingers. Oh yeah, I really make dumb mistakes every once in awhile, and that was a really big one! But not to despair, just rethink the idea and go on from there. Here's the two cards that came from that one idea...

Stamps: Gifts of Christmas

Cardstock: Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler

Ink: Encore Gold Ink

Accessories: Big Shot with Snow Burst Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Dazzling Details Glitter Glue, and Dimensionals



This is the first version of the card that I accidentally used the gold glitter instead of embossing powder. I'm still not sure how I made such a big mistake, but anyway... After brushing off the glitter (that didn't want to be heat set at all!), the gold ink looked really soft and pretty, so I just went with that. I had to change my layering color and ribbon to work more with the softer look which I'm now happy with. Just a touch of Dazzling Details to the flower centers and this one was done.



Then I decided to try it one more time the way I had originally planned with the gold embossing and glitzy Red Glimmer Paper. Ooh la la! That really took it up a notch. I'm still not sure about the Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon for an accent. Maybe it's not quite dark enough or not shiny enough? It still might get popped off of there and replaced with something else. We'll have to think on that a bit more.



As you can see, this card also has the Dazzling Details on the flower centers for a little more glitz. Hope you like these ideas today. And just for your information, my gold glitter is now labeled as such so there hopefully won't be anymore mistakes like that! Enjoy your weekend! And make sure you've got a few minutes to get your fingers inky. Sharon

No comments: