Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blue Snowflakes for Christmas

What is there about snowflakes that always has me reaching for my blue cardstocks and ink? They just fit together so well. It reminds me of quiet, winter nights with the moon glistening on the freshly fallen snow. Everything is so silent and peaceful. At least for awhile anyway! So every year I make at least one (sometimes a half dozen different ones!) snowflake card with lots of blue and white. This year is no different. I had seen an idea that I could expand on and thought it would go very well with the snowflake theme. But it was a struggle coming up with blues that I liked together. Here's what I finally did for my blue snowflake idea for this year...

Stamps: Snow Swirled, and Four the Holidays
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Island Indigo, and Marina Mist
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist pads and Whisper White Craft Pad
Accessories: 1 3/8" Square Punch, and Dazzling Details (iridescent glitter glue)

After trying all the different blues that Stampin' Up! has to offer, these are the ones that appealed to me. I would have like to have them go darkest to lightest in order, but I didn't care for the two outside colors next to each other. So there you have it - which colors and why I arranged them as I did. I know, you were just dying to know all that, weren't you?

There was also the dilema of rhinestones or not. After thinking about it, thought I'd give the new Dazzling Details glitter glue a try on this. What a great choice! I loved how it turned out just a little less glitz than a rhinestone, but still with a touch of shine to draw your attention.

And for those of you that hate cutting those 'fishtails' in the bottom of cardstock, the square punch worked out great! This is something my class ladies will love to hear 'cuz it's a finish I like to add to cards. See, there's always something new to learn. It could be a new trick, or a faster, easier way of doing something.

Hope you enjoyed today's card idea. And thanks for stopping by today to see what's new. Have a great day. Sharon

No comments: