Sunday, November 20, 2011

Joyous Sunday

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, down in my heart, down..... ehem. All right, no more singing. (at least not right now!) Yes, it was an uplifting service today. And with the holidays coming up I'm filled with thankfulness and joy for the many ways God has blessed me. So today I'm sharing a little bit of that joy with you too! I've had The Sounding Joy stamp set since the Holiday Mini came out, but just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. I thought about gold or silver embossing and making it really elegant, or the other end of the spectrum and using more country-style colors and papers. What I ended up making seems to be a melding of the two different looks into something all my own. Here's the card...

Stamps: The Sounding Joy
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Naturals Ivory
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, and Gold Encore
Accessories: Big Shot with Striped Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Very Vanilla Velvet Ribbon, Dimensionals, and Sponge Daubers


First I need to apologize for the background in the pictures. I thought there would be more contrast between it and the Crumb Cake cardstock for the base of the card. Ah, not so much! I'll have to keep that in mind for future picture taking sessions.

I love the contrast of richness of the velvet ribbon and country of the Crumb Cake and Naturals
cardstocks. They seemed to play very well together. To add to the richness factor (is there such a thing?), I heavily sponged gold ink on the edge over the sponged Cherry Cobbler. I'm sitting here thinking the next one of these I make might be distressed on the edge before (or maybe after too) adding the sponged edges.

Do you have that problem too? Every time I think I'm happy with a card and I'm adding it to my blog, I start thinking of other possibilities I could have tried to give it a different look. Oh well, never satisfied. Or is that actually a good thing? If I was always satisfied, I guess we'd never try anything new or different. And that would sure cut down on the fun and excitement of stamping.

Okay, that's enough rambling on today. Thanks for stopping by for a peak. I hope you're enjoying your day as much as I am! Sharon

No comments: