Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Holidays

Finally getting back here with another Christmas card idea. I've been seeing so many nice ideas using printed paper pleated on cards to look like fabric ruffles. So I thought why not give it a try. Now first of all, you have to understand that anything to do with math is totally foreign to me. It's been a major struggle since grade school. And let me tell you, that was a heck of a long time ago!!! So after struggling with this idea for a good long while, I've finally got a card to share. Now, that ruffle/pleated thingy is not perfect, but it's going to have to do for now until I can figure out an easier way to make this. Any math brains out there that want to share the secret for doing this right??? If so, please take pity on me and give me some pointers. TIA

Stamps: Christmas Lodge
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla with Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper
Ink: Early Espresso and Garden Green ink pads and Whisper White Craft Pad
Accessories: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Big Shot with Snow Burst Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, and Dimensionals

I simply love all the textures on this card! Along with the pleated paper, you have the new quilted satin ribbon that is really gorgeous! Then add the embossed and sponged layer of snowflakes and it really stands out. Not glitzy at all, but more country chic with the colors and little bit of plaid.

Like I mentioned earlier, I really struggled with the paper pleating. I couldn't get it to fit across the card the way I wanted with the pleats ending the same on both sides. Other than that little factor, I really liked making the pleats and will definitely give it a go again soon. Any pointers out there???

Hope you had a lovely weekend. I really should have been outside raking, but was just too cozy inside to bother. That just means there'll be many more leaves to rake later on, right? Here's to cozy afternoons inside just relaxing (and doing a little stamping too!). Sharon

No comments: