Friday, November 19, 2010

Traditional Red and Green

Yes, I always have to make a few of the more traditional style of cards each year. And what could be more traditional than evergreen boughs and ornaments all done up in red and green. Yep, that's just spells Christmas to me! This year I was in a quandary about my lack of greenery stamps to use for a card like this, then I started seeing that others were co-opting the Lovely As A Tree evergreen to use for branches instead of a full tree. What a novel idea! That stamp set has been in my stamping arsenal for ages - probably since it's inception! And I've used it many times for many, many different cards over the years. But this is one idea I had never thought of, and probably never would. I love it when some creative person is thinking outside the box and comes up with a winning idea like this one! I have no idea who came up with this first, but I love it!! Hope you do too. Now go get that set off the shelf and dust it off. Time to give it a little love.

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Grateful Greetings, Tags Til Christmas
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla, and Brushed Gold
Ink: Garden Green, Real Red
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, and Dimensionals






Once the idea and layout are there, this is an incredibly clean and simple card to put together. This was one of the class projects the ladies made this month, and a couple decided on this one for their Christmas card this year. The CAS (clean and simple) lines make this a good choice for making multiple cards at Christmas time. I know we're all in a time crunch this time of year, so I like to give you lots of CAS cards to choose from for your holiday greetings. In fact, I'm sure I'll be sending out a few of these to my family and friends.


If you'd like to make this or any other of the many cards I've shared with you, you can get all your stamping supplies by ordering online. How quick and simple is that? Just click on the "Order Online Button" on the right side and you can get your shopping done in minutes! Of course if you ever have any question about any card I've shared, just leave a comment and I'll get in touch with you. Have fun stamping your Christmas cards this year. You can do it!

Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

I like how you did the inside-something sadly lacking in my cards!
Lovely as a Tree may be one of the best all round sets ever!