Monday, November 29, 2010

Making Valentines Already?

Can't believe it's been a week since I've had a chance to chat and share. And what a week it's been! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends. We had the dinner at our home so we were up early getting the turkey stuffed and in the oven. Our son was home from Louisianna where he's been working on the oil spill cleanup. It was good to have him around for a few days. Especially since his birthday was Friday and we were able to celebrate with him! Then our daughter and I spent time on Friday at a funeral home for a viewing and then the service on Saturday. This was a rather hard time for us. The young woman was only 33 years old and died of Huntington's Disease which is a horrible debilitating disease. So this past week has had so many ups and downs I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster! But things are back to normal today with our grandson showing up here bright and early. Oh yes, I forgot another highlight of the weekend - he got his first tooth!

Alright, that's about enough of the personal stuff. On to the stamping part of this blog!! With making cards for the military every month and needing to send cards way ahead of the calendar, we've been working on Valentines already! It's so hard to think two holidays ahead all the time. Very confusing!! But I think you'll like this card and the two different versions we made.


Stamps: Pun Fun
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, and Real Red with retired DSP
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Rose Red
Accessories: Big Shot with Perfect Details Texturz Plate, AquaPainter, Small Heart Punch, and Owl Two Step Punch







Sorry I can't give you the names of the DSPs that I chose to use. Unfortunately I had some strips of different designs left over and they were all in the pink and red print families. I figured they would get used up for valentines so I just stuck them off to the side in a cello bag til they were needed. Now I can't remember where they came from!! I think one was from a Christmas set a year or two ago, not sure about the other one at all. No matter, they worked out well for this layout very nicely.

When you look at the next sample, you'll see it's slightly changed. The white cardstock has
different dimensions than the first one - shorter and fatter. This is me using up leftover cardstock from class projects or whatever. Anyway, I thought it would look better if the hearts were escaping off the card like steam.

That's also the rational behind the embossing on the Pretty in Pink layer. This is as close to steam as I could get.

Hope you like the ideas. They're very clean and simple, but everyone liked them. Hope the recipients like them too!

Ok, got to get back on track with my own Christmas cards. It's almost December so that means I can start making mine now. And then hopefully get them in the mail before the 25th!! lol

Sharon

No comments: