Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Peaceful Deck the Halls

Just have a wonderful quick card for you today. Have I mentioned how much I love the Deck the Halls Designer Paper? The colors and prints are so very vintage and make it soooo easy to make lovely cards. Or use just little bits for accents on cards or other projects. Anyway you use it, you'll love it! Because it's so gorgeous, it makes for a super-quick card! For this card I'm sharing today, I used one of the designs that looks to me to be made for an elegant and quick scrapbook page. I hated cutting into it because it is so gorgeous, but it makes a great background layer for a card too, so cut away!


Stamps: Peaceful Season
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler with Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Sponge Dauber, Cherry Cobbler Seam Tape


After adding the DSP to the card, there really is very little else needed on this one! I love the soft look of the poinsettias as a backdrop for the elegant script sentiment. About the only thing extra was sponging with just a smidge of ink around the edges. (in fact, it's very hard to tell that I even did that!) Add on the awesome shimmery seam tape along the side, and you're done.

I'd say this was arguably the quickest card I've ever made in my whole stamping life of about 35 years. Now that's saying alot!!

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by.
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Great use of that paper! Lovely card!