Friday, November 12, 2010

Candy Cane Holidays

My goodness! What a week this has turned out to be! This was class week at the stamping cave, so we had ladies coming and going for the different class times and days. That always makes it hectic as far as I'm concerned, but lots of fun seeing everyone!! Add in the funeral and a workshop tonight, and I'm one tired little stamper. Can't believe all the ladies left already and it's not even 9:30. They all either have something major going on tomorrow or have to work later tonight. So that means the rest of my night is free and I get to catch up a bit on my blog.

Since it was class week, I need to share the projects that everyone made. I think there were some awesome cards this time around, and hope you enjoy them. Today's post is a fun, modern style card. This isn't usually the type of card I send out myself, but it went over really big with my students.

Stamps: Big on Christmas, A Cute Christmas, and Many Merry Messages
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi with Candy Cane Christmas Specialty Designer Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black pad, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Soft Suede, and Real Red markers
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Jumbo Brads, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals









I've totally fallen in love with this striped DSP. The glittery red stripe makes it so darn cute - I wish I had a whole pack of just that one design!! Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the other patterns so I can use them up and order some more! LOL Any ideas? Or anybody want to trade??? Oh well, not to worry, I'm sure I'll be thinking of different ways to use them up.

I always like to stamp a little something extra on the envelope and inside of the card. Had a little trouble finding something that would work, but I think these candy canes worked out just fine.

Thanks for stopping in today for a look-see. Hopefully, if all goes well I'll be back with another class installment. For now though, I think it might be time for an early night as we're getting the little munchkin (aka grandson) at 8:00am. I really, really need to catch up on my beauty sleep!!
Sharon

No comments: