Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another Bethlehem Card

There are so many new products available in the SU! Holiday Mini Catalog that I just didn't know what to try out first. I mean, you just can't put one of everything on a single card, now can you? Nah, probably not if you're older than 5 years old anyway. So I've been picking and choosing what to play with first. I had ordered the Waffle Paper Assortment early on 'cuz it looked so interesting, but then couldn't figure out what to do with the stuff. Finally there was a glimmer of an idea. And after a bit of tweaking, this is what we have..... Just elegant gorgeousness!! (Yep, that was me patting myself on the back a little, but I really am happy with it!)

Stamps: Come to Bethlehem
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and the Waffle Paper Asst.
Ink: Gold Encore, Cherry Cobbler, and Always Artichoke
Accessories: Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Gold Mini Brads, Big Shot with Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, and Victoria Crochet Trim
The gold embossing of this image just mades it so elegant. I love the simplicity of the design - not too much detail, but very recognizable. I chose to not emboss the sentiment so it would stand out a bit. And that Waffle Paper, what can I say?! It just adds a pop of wow to the whole look. There's so many layers of texture and richness going on, that it takes another look or two to really appreciate the whole thing.

I even added a little left over strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to the inside to give it a finished look. The words inside were stamped with Always Artichoke to contrast.
Yes, I'm happy with this one. Lately so little time can be spent on just creating that I'm so tickled when I come up with a good one! Just bear with me! I'll try not to toot my own horn too much tomorrow!
Find time for stamping - it keeps you sane and happy. And thanks for dropping by...
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the inside! The gold embossing makes this card so elegant and classy!