Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bells and Boughs Again

This has got to be one of my very favorite stamp sets in the Holiday Mini. Oh, what? Did I say that already about another set? Or two, or three maybe??? Yeah, I can't help myself! This mini has been the absolute worst one for my pocketbook in awhile! I just want it all!! Hey SU!, can you just ship me one of everything?? Ok, let's be serious now for just a moment. As much as I would like it, I really can't have one of everything. But I can sure have fun with what I did get, right?
While planning for class, I just hit a brick wall with the last card for them to make. Urgggghhh! I just hate when that happens! But ta-da!! Stampin' Connection to the rescue! There was a totally fabulous card there by Jennifer Weide that would be perfect for my ladies. Of course I had to give it a little tweak here and there, but the colors, design, stamps used, and layout was all hers. I just made it a bit simpler so my class ladies wouldn't lynch me and refuse to stamp anymore 'cuz they thought it was too hard for them. It still remains true to her idea. Thanks Jennifer - it's so lovely!

Stamps: Bells and Boughs and A Cardinal Christmas for the words inside
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla with Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Wild Wasabi, and Crumb Cake
Accessories: Sticky Strip, Champagne Glass Glitter, Scallop Border Trim Punch, Aqua Painter, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge, and Dimensionals




Isn't it pretty? The changes I made were minor. Jennifer had stamped two of the poinsettia & pine images on the layer and I only did one. I added the scalloped edges on the sentiment. See, very minor changes.

You know I'm a sucker for anything with watercoloring, so I had to do this card. First touch with the Aqua Painter to the poinsettia, and yikes I thought I'd blown it with color way too dark. But as more color was added in, I loved the different depths of color on the petals. I'd love to get this whole card framed for a Christmas accent piece. Hmmm, I'll have to look into that....



This is the first time in ages that I'd done a strip of tape and glitter on a card. This Glass Glitter in the Holiday Mini is just beautiful. It's chunkier than normal, but didn't feel sharp. That sounds odd, but it was very smooth to the touch. And the Sticky Strip holds in onto the card like magic. Anyway, I'm now hooked on this stuff and I'll have to find more places to use it! Hope this glitter makes it into the catalog - it's the best!

Inside I added a light image of the holly and berries tucked over the sentiment. It seemed to be just enough to offset all the old-fashioned elegance of the card.

Well that's it for today. Maybe I can check in on one of the Challenges and get some stamping in today. Have a great Sunday!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful card! I love the glass glitter! I never thought of using sticky strip for glitter-great idea!