Monday, June 7, 2010

Truly Elegant Elements of Style

I usually try to come up with my own ideas to share with you here, but sometimes I see something that just speaks to me. Sometimes it's the colors, sometimes the layout, and sometimes it's the whole package that just draws me in and won't let go. Barb Mullikin had such a card. I fell in love with it and had to make it my own. After drooling over her lovely creation, I got out my stamps and supplies and made my own. As usual, it didn't turn out like hers, but I'm still mighty happy with my results!
Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Double Rectangle Punch, Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Vanilla Smooch Spritz
Didn't I tell you it was very elegant and gorgeous? For some reason I can never get the shimmer to show up nicely in my pictures, so you'll have to take my word that it is stunning! And no, I'm not exaggerating either!!! lol For those of you lucky people that take classes with me, this will be one of your projects this month. Aren't you happy you'll get to make your own?!
Did you go check out Barb's card? Hope you enjoyed my version too, and will try to make your own version of mine. I'd love to see what you come up with - we'll just keep making changes to her idea until we come up with something totally different. I suppose that's what happens most of the time anyway.
Looking forward to seeing all my class people this week! It's always fun reconnecting with friends and hearing about what they've been doing. Throw in some creative stamping and you're sure to have a great time! Wish you could be here too.....
Hugs,
Sharon

No comments: