Thursday, June 3, 2010

Playing with Punched Posies

Hey there - thanks for stopping by today! Late last night I was playing around with the new Hostess set called Punched Posies. I had a cool idea in my head, but I was having a hard time getting it down on paper. Ever have that problem??? I had seen something somewhere with Rich Razzleberry cardstock as a base for the set several days ago and it had stuck in my mind. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it, so I couldn't CASE it. :( Maybe that's why I was having such a problem - I was trying to recreate something that I couldn't quite remember. Well, whatever the reason, here's what I ended up with...

Stamps: Punched Posies
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Bitty Buttons, Big Shot with Scallop Square Die, Scallop Circle Punch, contraband narrow organdy ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals

Somehow, no matter how I shifted the components around, I just wasn't happy with the looks. I'm not sure what exactly I'm not happy with, but it just bugs me for some reason. Any input here would be greatly appreciated...


Since I couldn't get the other one the way I wanted, I just started all over again. Kind of the same layout, but the background color changed
and a few more embellishments were used.

Stamps: Punched Posies
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, and Crushed Curry
Ink: Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot with Scallop Square Die and Perfect Pindot Embossing Folder, Scallop Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch, Fire Round Rhinestone Brads (pink), Silver Mini Brads, and Dimensionals


I'm much happier with this version. Looking at the two of them together, I think I tend to appreciate the softer, brighter colors instead of the darker. It just looks friendlier to me. Does that make sense?? Even just the addition of lighter flower centers makes it look better. Either way, this stamp set is going to need a little more playtime to come up with something I really like. But that's not going to be today. I have to get back to planning cards for classes next week. Hope that goes better than these card!! lol

Take care and find something to stamp today. Sometimes it's frustrating, but most times it's very inspiring and rewarding. The trick is to keep it the latter and not the former.
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

First of all I am jealous that you have that hostess set!
I like them both but I do like the second one better. I like the dots for stems better and I do like the white background.