Wednesday, June 23, 2010

For all you do....

As promised, I have another card from our shoebox swap last Saturday. This little beauty was designed by Shannon Wahoski, another demonstrator, but not one of my downline. Sure wish she was though. She brings a bit of sunshine along with her wherever she goes, and is just so much fun to be around. So glad she's a part of our group whenever she can be!
Her card was so totally opposite from the card I shared earlier from Phyllis which was much softer and feminine. Shannon's card is bold and precise, yet fun and sort of whimsical. Can you see what I mean?



Stamps: For All You Do

Cardstock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Melon Mambo

Ink: Basic Black

Accessories: 1 3/8" Square Punch, Paper Snips, Clear Rhinestone Brads, and Dimensionals

I have to admit here that Shannon's original looked better than mine. I'm not sure why I was having such a hard time getting a really solid black look to my images, but for the life of me they all turned out a bit splotchy. Some I turned over and tried again, but the result was the same. I guess I need to work on my stamping techniques! LOL

And while I'm confessing here, she didn't use a Dimensional under her flowers either. I just have this need to add some dimension to my cards. Sorry Shannon, I just couldn't help myself! LOL There you have it. Now you know that I just can't leave someone else's design alone! It's a mad compulsion with me and I don't think there's a cure. Woe is me!! hmmmm.... Or maybe not - maybe this is just a part of my fascination with stamping. It's so easy to add your own little tweak to someone else's great idea! Thus it's easy for anyone to feel creative and add their own bit of spice.

So, go out and spice up your world today! Find an idea you really like from someone and sprinkle just a bit of spice to it (or maybe a whole lot!) and have some fun!!

Sharon

No comments: