Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ice Cream Scoops

First off, I want to apologize for being AWOL lately. It's funny how much difference a little baby can make - even when it doesn't even live in your house! Seems like all my free time lately has been spent with our daughter and grandson either here or at her house. And when they're here I get about as much done as when I'm gone. Go figure! Somehow I've got to figure how to get back on track or I might as well just give up any hope of getting anything done again for a good long while. How did I manage when my own kids were babies and I did craft shows and taught classes on a regular basis??? Okay, time to shape up and start to prioritize my time. No more talking for hours with my daughter while staring into the face of the cutest lil baby around. No more talking to my son (who is in Louisianna working on the oil spill) on the phone for two hours in the evening or IM for an hour at a time throughout the day. Time to settle down and get back to work! So there!! That's the plan. We'll see how long it lasts! That said, let's get down to business...
When I first saw the Summer Mini Catalog, one of the stamp sets that just jumped out at me was Sweet Scoops. I just had to have it and there was an idea just waiting to get on paper when it arrived. My daughter and I had made a little side trip the other day to Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Shop and had so much fun splurging on some yummy ice cream Hence this card was born. Her favorite has always been strawberry and mine is chocolate - mmmmm.
Stamps: Sweet Scoops and Embrace Life
Cardstock: Pink Pirourette, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip Classic Pads, Very Vanilla Craft Pad, Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Old Olive Markers
Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Linen Thead, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
Whatever will I use to ink up the cones once Creamy Caramel is retired?? It's just the perfect color for those ice cream comes. Maybe the new Crumb Cake ink will work. hmm... Maybe I need to give that color a try. Anyway, doesn't this look just about good enough to eat? Makes me want to go get a little ice cream snack right now.
And isn't the chocolate swirl soft-serve just the cutest? After stamping the swirl with Vanilla Craft ink, I drew on the chocolate swirl with a marker. Fun!
Hope you enjoyed this sweet treat. And thank you so much for checking back to see if I was still here. I promise I'll try to be more consistent again. There's so much I want to stamp and share with you, that I've really got to get going again! Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate any comments you might leave. :-)
Sharon

No comments: