Monday, June 21, 2010

Sneak Peak Beauty

Morning all! Hope you had a great weekend and celebrated your dad. Since mine diedquite a number of years ago, I just remembered all the wonderful traits he had and thanked God that he had given me such a godly man for my father. Then I celebrated my husband and son-in-law who is a new dad. In fact, I thought I'd share with you a pic of the new daddy and baby. Wouldn't you love to see that?
Isn't this just precious? It looks like there is already a great bond between father and son. He just adores that little guy and is so willing to help take care of him. (Well, not so much a 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning.)
Carson is so blessed to have parents who love him so much and care about his every need. Looking at them reminds me about how much our Father God loves each one of us. Then I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness.
Ok, I know you didn't stop by to hear me get all mushy on you, did you? But who can resist a cute little baby face like that??? Certainly not I! Oh, grandma is going to be such a push-over!! lol
Ok, on to the lovely card I have to share today. This was designed by my downline Phyllis Dahlstrom who always designs the loveliest cards for our swaps! I love the use of pink and brown she used - so soft, yet substantial.
Stamps: new Level 1 Hostess set 'Because I Care'
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Always Artichoke, and Stazon Brown (non SU!)pads, So Saffron marker
Accessories: Big Shot and Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, AquaPainter, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Large Oval Punch, Pink Satin Ribbon, and Dimensionals.
Altogether a very lovely combination of color and layout. And don't you just love the new Hostess stamp set? All I can say about it is "Wow!" Well, actually I can say alot more, and I probably will over the coming months. There is something about these line-art stamps that just draw me to them and I can't wait to start coloring. Stampin' Up! really does make some simply fabulous stamps, and this is one of them!
Well, I just previewed what I'd been writing today, and the preview is all askew. It looks right when I'm typing, but the spacing is all wrong in the preview. Don't know what's going on with that, but I'm going to try to publish anyway. Hope it comes through ok, cuz my hubby is out of town and won't be able to help me fix it. As it is, the sight has been messed up the last week or so and we can't figure out how to get the sidebar up where it belongs. Why is this blog going spastic all of a sudden? Am I going to have to trash it and start all over??? Oh, I sincerely hope not! Stay tuned to see what happens next....
Frustratingly yours,
Sharon

1 comment:

Arcticstamper said...

I love the card, and the new baby! Congratulations on your new grand baby! I enjoy your blog, but don't always have time to leave comments. I am always inspired.