Friday, December 11, 2009

Snowman Collection

The weekend is coming and I can hardly wait! My downline and friends are coming for a Christmas Brunch and Shoebox Swap tomorrow. It's going to be fun spending time with some of my favorite ladies, eating, and stamping. Yummy! What could be better than that?! One of the things I've been doing to get ready this week, has been making all these little snowmen boxes. Each one was watercolored on watercolor paper and is very individual. No matter how hard I try to paint them the same, each one seems to have a life of it's own and takes on it's own personality. (Or else I've just been spending way too much time with them!) lol


Each of the boxes are made out of one 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Chocolate Chip cardstock. The sides of the box are scored at 2 1/2" intervals. The top is scored at 1 1/2", and the bottom is scored at 1".

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes and Snow Buddies (Hostess Level 2)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip and Watercolor Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic, Whisper White Craft
Accessories: AquaPainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, White Gel Pen, Sticky Strip, and Circle Punches (for the snowflake on the bottle lids that you can't see!)


They've been stamped with the Serene Snowflakes in both Chocolate Chip and Whisper White inks to give the box some detail.


And I love how the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint looks painted over the watercolors on the stars! So shimmery and pretty - very subtle! I hope each of my ladies likes the boxes. If not, they can always re-gift them!! LOL

Oh, I forgot to mention that each box has a 'Starbuck's coffee' bottle inside filled with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows. It's to keep them warm on those cold winter nights that we have here in Michigan!

Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Wish you could join us for stamping, eating, and fun tomorrow! If you'd like to be part of our group - Carr's Crazy Stampers, get in touch with me and I'd be happy to give you all the details!
Sharon

No comments: