Monday, December 21, 2009

Shades of Purple

Today I'm stepping away from all the Christmas cards and sharing some ideas that are part of a gift for my sister. I know she doesn't read this, so it's safe to share early here! lol My sister has been a fan of purple for as long as I can remember. Some years I'm able to incorporate this into her gift, and some years I'm not so good at it. This year I decided to make her a gift of cards handmade to suit her. Now why didn't I think of that years ago?! duh... Anyway, this is part of the selection of cards made for her.....
As you peruse the samples, you'll see that the thing that ties these together is the absolutely gorgeous Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper. The cardstock and ink colors used aren't always the same, if fact there are several different combos I used. But everything does tie in with the colors on the DSP. And most, but not all of the cards have some Cottage Wall DSP used on it somewhere.
Without breaking down each card made, let me give you a run-down of materials used for these.
Stamps: Sprinkles, Heard From The Heart, Bella Toile, Wedding Sweet, On Your Birthday, and assorted sentiment stamps I've owned for years
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, and Brushed Silver, with Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Perfect Plum, Old Olive ink pads, and Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive markers
Accessories: Big Shot and Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Scallop Border Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Word Window Punch, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, White Satin Ribbon, Old Olive Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive Narrow Twill Ribbon (retired), Square Ice Rhinestone Brads, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Gold/Silver Zig Painty (retired), Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals
Whew, I think that's the total list for this batch of cards. No wonder my table looked like everything I owned was scattered and piled up around me! There are more cards and doubles of some of these with the the sentiment changed on them. I certainly hope she loves these. And I must admit, I'm thoroughly tired of looking at all the different shades of purple. And there's more purples I haven't even used yet because they ddin't match up with the Cottage Wall papers! Maybe I need to expand the idea to any purples and not just the Cottage Wall DSP purples. What do you think??? hmmm.... there's the Tea Party DSP with purples in it too. and.....
I'm off to check out what other purples I can use. So I guess I'm not off my purple kick yet!
Hope you have a 'perfectly plummy' day!
Sharon

No comments: