Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Embossed Tree

Life has gotten just a bit crazy this past week. I hated to answer the phone after Tuesday, because it seemed like each call was about another death. There were 3 calls about 3 deaths in two days. Why does it happen in bunches like that? One of the guys that my husband went to school with and has known for most of his life passed away last week. He'd been fighting pancreatic cancer for almost 3 years, and the end was rather hard. Jim was a terrific man and wonderful father. He's going to be missed by so many people. God bless him and give Jim's family His everlasting peace.

With all this going on, I haven't been in the mood for much stamping. Actually, I'd probably have felt better if I had been stamping, but I just couldn't seem to concentrate. This card was one I'd been working on before all the craziness started. It was a bit hard getting the embossing on the tree shape only. (I have several ugly embossed cardstock pieces laying around to prove it too!) The trick was to cut a triangle shape from chipboard and lay it under the embossing folder. Then it was a matter of finding the right amount of pressure (shims) to emboss just the tree. I honestly can't tell you what the final layering was - I didn't write it down and really don't remember. (I hate when that happens!!!) When I have more time, I want to play around with this again and keep track of what works! It's just too lovely to make only one!

Stamps: All Holidays
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot and Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Small Star Punch, and Zig Gold/Silver Painty(retired)

This card is so absolutely elegant in person. All the white and gold always look so perfect to me. I just had a thought that this would be a terrific card for a Christmas wedding. Even the words would be fine for that. Anybody want to get married so I can send it out to you?

Have a blessed day today! Count your blessings, and find some time to stamp and unwind.
Sharon

3 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

So sorry to hear about the recent losses. I remember a few years ago this happened to me. Went to more funerals that year than I had my entire life.
It is so hard to concentrate when you are feeling down. Invite a friend over and serve lots of chocolate! Hugs!
Your card is simply beautiful. I just love these embossing folders-you are so brave to experiment!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely positively stupendous! You sure I would have to get married to get this???

Sharon Carr said...

Thanks for your comments. Yes, it was a rough week, but it's over and we're looking forward to better days ahead! I like the idea of having a friend over and serving chocolate! What could be better?!