Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Sneak Peak

Oh, I'm so dog-gone excited! Guess what I figured out? Oh, first I'd better explain... A new Stampin'Up! Bigz Die that will be showcased in the Occasions Mini Catalog is call Mini Milk Carton. Sounded interesting to me, so I just had to get it during the pre-order because I had to play with it. Oh, it's just darling! And look what I made with it!!!
Doesn't it make just the cutest little birdhouse? I've got ideas swirling in my brain for spring and/or Mother's Day. I can hardly wait! Which is so funny since Christmas is still a whole week away! Yikes, I'd better quit playing around and get finished with my Christmas shopping, baking, and card sending pretty soon!!!!
Anyway, I thought you'd like to see that this die makes the cutest little box. I punched a hole for the birdies to get in, then promptly put in a window sheet so they couldn't get in. But I did fill it with blue and silver Hershey Kisses instead. Chocolate is always good!
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: Winter White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot with Mini Milk Carton die, Bashful Blue Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber, Window Sheet, and Adhesive
Looking at the little birdhouse, I'm thinking it needs a bit of glitter on the snowy roof so I'll do that before I give it away. And maybe one of our retired small snowflake punch to add 1 dimensional snowflake to the roof too. What do you think? I guess when I did this late last night, I just wasn't thinking it through to a great finish. I know it's the little touches that really make something special, but I wasn't thinking clearly anymore by that time! Ah well, that's one of the great things about this - it's only paper and I can keep playing around and making adjustments and additions! lol
Have a great weekend. Hope you get all your Christmas planning finished so you can really enjoy the holiday! Happy holiday hugs...
Sharon

1 comment: