Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Snowflake Mug Card

Have I fallen off the face of the earth you ask?  Well, almost - but I'm clawing my way back up again.  The whole strep infection and ensuing sinus, coughing, etc has been exhausting and not over yet.  Maybe if I'd settle down and quit running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I'd have a better chance of beating this whole infection thingy.  But since when have I ever done what was the smartest thing?  Not often!  Anyway, enough of the fretting and whining, I've got a little card to share with you today.  I made my sister a gift that I can't show you yet because another sister checks this blog every once in awhile and I don't want to give away Christmas secrets too soon, ya know?  But the "gifted" sister adores purple in any and all of  it's wonderfulness.  Since we don't have any DSP that's in shades of purples to use, I had to purchase some from one of the 'other' stores.  Thought she'd like a card that coordinated with the gift.  If the idea of contraband paper bothers you, don't look any farther.   If you think you can handle it, then this is what I made...
Stamps:  Scentsational Season, All Holidays(retired)
Ink:  Eggplant Envy
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Whissper White and otherDSP
Accessories:  Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Shot with Holiday Collection Framelits, Scribbles Sizzlit (retired), Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and Dimensionals
This card is very simple with just a little lacy trim on both sides of the printed paper center strip.  The paper has both blue and light purple snowflakes in the tiny white circles.

I love the glittery steamy swirls on this card.  It just makes this card so very cute in person.  I tried the steam that comes with the set, but it didn't stand out and catch your eye like this does. 

Give me a couple more weeks and I'll share the gift that goes along with this card.  I think it's just gorgeous and makes me want to decorate my house in blues and purples too!

Please stay healthy during this busy time of the year.  Take some time for yourself to relax and enjoy the season!  Sharon

No comments: