Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I bet you thought I was long gone by now.  It's been a rough month of lousy health and laying low (like either bed or sofa!!).  I finally got out of the house on the 22nd, but it was to go to the funeral of a very sweet woman from church.  Christmas was tiring, but oh so wonderful, spent with our family.  What could be better than little ones enjoying Christmas?  So that's been my month so far.   Not exactly as planned, but it is what it is.  I had mentioned sharing the pictures that I made for my daughter and 2 sisters.  Luckily I made them in November before the bronchitis and pneumonia hit me for a loop!  Today I'm finally getting around to sharing them.  The first one is the original one I made for my younger sister, and I made one for myself too.  Here it is...
Instead of a listing of all the materials and products used, I'll just give a little explanation here.  The frame has an opening of 11"x14".  The cardstock used on the background is Primrose Petals.  The Designer Series Paper is Be Of Good Cheer and one square of each of the different prints was used.  The cardstock layer behind the DSP is Cherry Cobbler.  The lettering on this one was done on the Cricut by a friend of mine - no idea of the cartridge name.  Accents were made on the Big Shot with Champagne Glimmer Paper and other items.  That's the basics for you.
 This blue version was made for my daughter who has decided to use blue and silver for all her Christmas decorating, so I went along with her wishes.  The lettering here was made with the retired SU! Serif Essentials Bigz Die set that I'll hang on to probably forever!  I had to hit the stores looking for printed papers that would, hopefully, fit her ideas!  I used Bashful Blue cardstock for the background and Marina Mist for the layering. I laid out the lettering and accents for the picture pretty much the same as the original one, just changing the colors as needed.
My older sister loves purple.  No, that's not quite right.  My older sister LOVES purple in any of it's many shades and hues.  Now you get the idea!  Luckily the printed paper package I got for my daughter had even more purples than blues in it, so I was set for this picture too.  The background cardstock I used was Wisteria Wonder and it blended perfectly with all these different purples.  I dug into my retired cardstock and found Concord Crush cardstock that blended well with everything.  I also used that color of ink for the mug ang 'merry'.

Ok, that pretty much covers the info on these picture gifts.  Thanks for coming back to see if I'm still here.  Now that I'm on the mend, I hope to be hanging out here more often.  Hope your Christmas was wonderful and wishing you a very blessed New Year.  Sharon

No comments: