Friday, November 9, 2012

Evergreen in Cherry Cobbler

While perusing the Stampin' Connection site for demonstrators, I happened upon a lovely card by Gerry MacSporran that I just had to CASE.  Thanks Gerry for your inspiration!  It had all the hallmarks of the type of cards I've been drawn to lately.  I made very little in the way of changes, and here is my version of Gerry's card.
Stamps:  Evergreen
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White
Accessories:   Big Shot with Northern Flurries TIEF, and Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Well, you can't get too much more basic than this card.  So very simple with only one extra layer on the front, but still elegant.  There's just something about those embossed snowflakes on white cardstock - love it!  Then you just add some rich Cherry Cobbler ink and some lovely trees and there you have it.  Oh yes, don't forget the rhinestone to top the tree.  (Gerry used a star she cut out and layered on.) 

So what's not to like about this card?  I can see making a few more of these (maybe trying other colors too) in my near future!  Thanks again Gerry for a fabulous card idea!  It is terrific.  And thank you for checking in again today.  I'm still under the weather with this strep throat thing that's hanging on, but the antibiotics are working and I'll be at the Regional coming to Lansing this Saturday.  Wouldn't miss it!  Maybe I'll see you there too.    Sharon

No comments: