Sunday, October 28, 2012

Midnight Christmas Lodge

I'm baaack!  What a great time we had with family last week!  So much fun watching the little ones getting to know each other and having fun together.  They were actubg so silly as they got more comfortable with each other.  We got back last night and did the unpacking thing and sorted all the dirty clothes into piles of laundry.  It sure does add up quickly!  Today after church I got started on those piles and did some stamping.  I'd had this idea playing around in my mind and I set to work to see how it would look in reality.  It wasn't quite what I was looking for so I'll be reworking it tomorrow.  But this is what I did today.  Here it is, and then let's discuss it...
Stamps:  Christmas Lodge and Petite Pairs
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Paper:  Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse, and Brushed Silver
Accessories:   Big Shot with Labels Collection Framelits, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Midnight Muse Stitched Ribbon, Small Oval Punch(ret), Sponge Daubers, and Dimensionals
I'm happy with the overall idea of the card and the colors are exactly as I'd planned.  The one problem I ran into was getting a really good outline on the Brushed Silver cardstock layer.  I used the outside edge of the Framelit that I had cut the white out with, but it's really not a true copy of the cut edge.  So I spent quite a bit of time fussing around trying to get a good fit on the silver layer.  It's ok, but not great.  Has anyone out there found a good way to get a tighter layer on these?  I really love the look, but it would be a pain to make 50 of these for Christmas.  Any ideas???

The Stamp-a-ma-jig made stamping the little corner accents a breeze.  What would I ever do without this tool?  I think it's a must have item in any stamper's stash.  I might not use it every time I stamp, but I'm glad to have it when needed.

After I made the card I remembered that this small oval punch was retired - bummer.  But the card was done already and that was that.  Actually I haven't figured out what I would have used instead.  Hmmmm, guess that's something to figure out for the next version of this card.  Hope I'll have it done for tomorrow so you can compare and let me know what you think.  See you soon....  Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, your card is beautiful. I have a stamp-a-ma-jig, but have yet to use it. I need to practice! Thanks for sharing your great creations with me.

Joan
MN

Anonymous said...

This is very intriguing, You are a quite skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for far more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your internet web site in my social networks!