Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Another Joyous Celebrations Card

Today's card version is a CASE of my good friend and downline Phyllis Dahlstrom.  Her card was lovely and I just wanted to be able to look at it again and again, so I copied it!  At least I think I did.  I saw it at a get-together and thought to take a picture.  Unfortunately, I forgot to check the settings on my camera and I got an awful image.  So I just winged it and came up with what I thought she had made.  We'll see what she says about it later this week when I see her!  Anyway, here it is...

Stamps:  Joyous Celebrations
Ink:  Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Baja Breeze and Whisper White, Silver Glitter Paper, and Festival of Prints Designer Paper Stack
Accessories:   Big Shot with Holiday Frame TIEF, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Sanding System, and Dimensionals
I don't usually sand embossed DSP.  But doing that on this card really makes the embossing show up nicely.  The colors are all really soft and not your usual Christmas colors, but I think it turned out gorgeous! 

I liked the added bit of Silver Glitter Paper tucked in behind the focal image.  Most of it's hidden with just a bit peeking out.  But that little bit of glitz is just the right amount for this card.  The added rhinestone on the stamped ornament is the perfect finishing touch.

After using all the Framelits for my cards lately, it was crazy cutting out that tiny bow again.  But I thought it was better to add it as another layer instead of stamping it directly on the ornament.  You can do it as you see fit, but I thought the extra layer was needed.

That's it for today.  Yup, another short and sweet post.  But at least it got posted!!  Hurray!  Keep you fingers crossed that I can get at least one more posted this week.  See you soon!  Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.