Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Turquoise Birthday Cupcake

Hey, it's birthday time again! Seems like I've been needing lots of birthday cards lately. But that's a good thing, right? That means everybody is getting another year older and of course another year better too. I was planning on making a masculine card, so I needed to use more masculine type colors. No pink and frills for this one. The 'Play Date' Designer Series Paper has some wonderful masculine, so that was my starting point. Here's where I ended up....
Stamps: Curly Cute, Create A Cupcake, and Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Whisper White with Play Date Designer Series Paper
Ink: Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Build A Cupcake Punch, Sponge Dauber, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button(retired), Linen Thread, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals


I'm having doubts about the Curly Cute sentiment. Is it too cute for a guy card? Hmmm.... still thinking about that one. That might get peeled off and a different sentiment added instead.

I had thoughts of using more cupcakes on the card front, but couldn't get them to work out properly, so the extra two were added to the inside of the card. Thought that worked out nicely. I wasn't planning on using one of my old retired corduroy buttons, but nothing else seemed to work out in that corner and it was just screaming out to me that it needed something! I guess it pays to hang on to all those retired odds and ends. You never know when one of those items will be just what you're looking for to make your project complete. (At least that's how I keep explaining all this stuff to my hubby! lol Thank goodness he puts up with all my 'saving'. Gotta love the guy!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope this gets you motivated to do some stamping yourself today. Have a good one!
Sharon

No comments: