Hi all! had a great chat with my sis over the weekend. She's a SU! demo also and we were chatting about some wonderful cards she'd made recently. One of the ideas was a Bargello style card. That's a style of needlework that I've tried many years ago. She gave me some info on how she made it into a card, so I thought I'd give it a try. Now either I didn't understand her directions when I was writing them down, or I didn't understand just what I'd written down. Needless to say, it was a bit of a struggle. I need to give it another try to see if it's just me or whatever!
Stamps: Word Play
Cardstock: Vellum Cardstock, Bermuda Bay (retired), Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla with Welcome Neighbor (retired) Designer Series Paper
Ink: Bermuda Bay (retired), and Pumpkin Pie markers
Accessories: Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Extra Large Oval Punch, Paper Cutter, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
I'm glad I chose a retired batch of DSP to try out this technique as it was a little challenging. Next time I need to make sure the strips of DSP are totally attached to the vellum before they are cut again. And I think the strips need to be staggered more that I did on this first try. When I get another one done with all my adjustments, I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks for stopping in today. Your comments are always welcome. Sharon