Thursday, June 16, 2011

Elegant Soiree' Retiring

Oh my! This time of year I always have mixed feeling about stamping. There are so many sets and Designer Papers retiring that are my favorites and I know I'll miss them like crazy. But then the new catalog is coming out in two weeks and I can hardly wait to see what it looks like. And of course what's in it!! The waiting is just about killing me here! lol But while I'm waiting for the new, I needed to use one of my favorite papers again. The Elegant Soiree' has been so easy to use for so many cards over the past year. It's been used for the fancy cards for weddings and anniversaries, but also for everyday type cards too. I've been running low on my thank you cards, so I thought I'd use it for some of those this time around. Here's what I came up with...


Stamps: For All You Do

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, and the ever Elegant Soiree' Designer Series Paper

Ink: Soft Suede and Baja Breeze

Accessories: Bird Punch, Basic Pearls, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, and Dimensionals




Somewhere along the way, I had seen a punched bird that used the solid floral stamp from this set as a background. I had used swirls from several different sets on different occasions to dress up this little bird, but I always forgot about this stamp. Finally I remembered and gave it a try and loved it!! That little punched bird fits on that stamped image perfectly and gives him just the cutest body! I added a pearl for his eye to give it some interest.


While I'd punched out the body, I got a branch too. I was going to throw it away, then got inspired to try it along the top of the page. After trimming it down to where I liked it, I thought I'd give it a sprinkling of those itty bitty pearls too. I'm not sure if I went overboard on those pearls or not. Let me know what you think.


Thanks for stopping in today. You know, it's not too late to get a package of the lovely Elegant Soiree' Designer Paper. You still have two weeks before it's not available anymore. Just a thought....

Sharon

No comments: