Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summery Flowers

Since we've jumped right from a cool and very wet spring into a hot and humid summer, I thought I'd share this card with you today. It has lots of hot summery colors, flowers, and a butterfly. To me it all says summer is here! And it even showcases one of the new stamp sets in the current Summer Mini Catalog. (If you don't have one yet, drop me a line and I'll send you one!) Hope you enjoy....

Stamps: Flower Fest and Curly Cute

Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White

Ink: Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, and Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Sponge quarters (lots of them!), Paper Snips, and Dimensionals




I love using these colors for summer cards. Together they just look like a summer bouquet of flowers (even if you're not stamping flowers!!) And instead of watercoloring all of the flowers, this time I just added a little sponged color rather loosely and left it at that. Just a fun and simple card that will be perfect for someone's summer birthday. Maybe a matching gift of a flower bouquet to go along with the card. Hmmm.... What do you think??


Thanks for stopping here today. I appreciate any comments you might like to leave. Have a beautiful day and try not to get too hot and bothered out there in all that heat!

Sharon

No comments: