Sunday, May 23, 2010

Totally Toile

Back a few years, my daughter had a beautiful black and cream toile bedroom set. Along with that, she had painted her bedroom walls a lovely taupe color with black accents. She has superb taste in decorating, and it was gorgeous and very elegant. That look she acheived was the impetus for the card I'm sharing today. First I chose the new stamp set Elements of Style - what a vintage looking set! The artwork on it is just perfect for the look of toile.
I think she would like my interpretation of her bedroom. Instead of taupe, I used the Kraft cardstock for a neutral accent. Of course, I had to add skinny layers of black to mimic her skinny trim near the top of her walls. She loves crown moldings, but this time instead of something thick and substantial, she used skinny trim molding. It was a nice touch and not too heavy and dark at the top of the walls. That was the look I wanted to acheive here, and I think it came out great!
Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Kraft, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand
Accessories: 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Word Window Punch, AquaPainter, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Vintage Brads, and Dimensionals
Hope you like this idea today. It's fun to look around and find something to inspire a color combo or style of card. If you use this idea, share your version with me. I'd love to see it!
Yes, I'm off to see the grandbaby now. Today the schedule was first church, then lunch and blog, then play with grandbaby. Yup, I'm in heaven!! Have a great day and make sure you find time to do something you really love!!!
Sharon

No comments: