Sunday, May 16, 2010

Still Waiting...

and waiting, and waiting, and waiting (big sigh here!) No sign of the little one's arrival yet. If this waiting is getting to me so much, you can imagine how impatient my darling daughter is right about now! LOL And then yesterday my son flew off to Louisianna to work on the oil spill for the next several months. Seems like everything is just topsy-turvy in my little world right now.

Since my mind has been mostly consumed by thinking of anything other than stamping, seems like I can't really do much in the line of designing cards right now. I had started a card and sort of given up on it 'cuz it just wasn't going the way I saw it in my mind. So today I got it out and finished it up. Not sure if I'm really happy with it yet, but there it is. It's very simple with clean lines and no sponging. Maybe that is what's missing here?! How about giving me some input here and helping me out. Should I just scrap it, leave it the way it is, or fix it somehow????


Stamps: Awash with Flowers, and FYI
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Square Fire Rhinestone Brad, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals







See, I told you it was a really simple card idea. I just don't know if it's too simple!
After I had stamped the smallest flower with Pretty in Pink ink, I was surprised how pale it was compared to the other inks. Is that part of the problem?? Should it have been sponged on both white layers? Should there have been a Melon Mambo layer under the sentiment?? Oh, the questions!! But no answers! Please, I'm begging you, give me some input here!



Ok, I guess that's all for today. I'm having trouble really concentrating on anything today. Hope you're all having a better (make that a more productive) day than I am. Enjoy your weekend!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Looks beautiful to me. I think it comes under the category of clean & simple.
Waiting is never easy . . .