Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Toile Look

First I have to make a comment or two about yesterday's sample. If you went to the Stamping 411 site, you saw a sample that had the same set, colors, and dsp print that I used. I guess great minds think alike. I try very hard not to look at the samples posted before I work on my card. I was sort of shocked after I posted and then looked around. There seem to be alot of us out there that really like the Tropical Party stamp set, 'cuz there were lots of samples using that set.

That said, on with the newest card idea. I wanted something for my Hostess Club ladies that would be feminine but not too frilly. Plus we needed to work with some new products, of course! hehe I had just gotten the Vanilla Smooch last week and hadn't used it yet - it would be perfect for what I had in mind. And as usual, it has an texture-embossed layer for extra interest. Hope you like it and try this one out for yourself!

Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Big Shot used with Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder and Lots of Tags Sizzlits, Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Vanilla Smooch Spray, Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals










I'm still learning about using the Smooch Spritz. The major thing I've found is that you shouldn't shake the vial unless you want a splotchy spray. It seems to spray much finer when you don't shake it up. Now I've got to go back and try it out with the Log Cabin Smooch. When I tried it earlier, it was heavily splotched and not what I wanted for that card. Ah well, that's what you have me for! I do it wrong, figure it out, and let you know how to use it the rightway and save you all the headaches! Oh well, as long as I'm having fun, who cares!! LOL

Ok, I've got to get ready for my ladies tonight. Maybe I have time to make some goodies for them. yummmmm...
Sharon

No comments: