Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Merry Christmas to All....

and to all a wonderful New Year! What? Oh, that's not how it goes? But that's what I really wanted to say. So that's my version. I hope all of you have had a terrific Christmas. Our nearby family got together at our daughter's house and had a really yummy dinner. You can't miss with ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, and a fluffy jello salad to slide down and fill up all the crevices in your tummy. And then there's always the eggnog or pumpkin ice cream and home-made cookies! Yup, diet time is coming soon. But I just can't start one yet. Not before the cookies are gone anyway! *wink*

Just wanted to update you on our Brunch last Saturday. The weather had been horrid, dumping several inches of snow the night before and the roads were a mess. Three of the ladies had crisis come up and were unable to make it. But for those intrepid ladies who came, we had fun! The food was super of course. and we a shoebox swap afterwards to burn the calories off that we had just consumed! See, I've got it all figured out! Right?? Here's part of my downline.



2nd row: Elizabeth (cross-line), Janine, myself


1st row: Kendra, Michelle, Amy

Everyone was very gracious about letting me post their card creations on my blog. Thanks ladies - you're the VERY BESTest! Now I've got to get motivated to get them all pictured and posted.

I figured I start with Janine's masterpiece since it is the only Christmas card. I promise this will be the last Christmas card you'll see from me for awhile. But this one was just too good to pass on. Isn't it cool? I love how she designed this from a birthday set - Big Birthday Candle. And I'm so happy SU! decided NOT to retire this set. Hooray! It's just so much fun to play with. And check out the extra cool corner embellishment. We punched out a Scallop Square of Ski Slope DSP, then punched it the second time with the Photo Corner punch. This was then layered under another Photo Corner punched piece of Ski Slope DSP. (I'm really gonna miss this paper! sob - maybe I should order another pack so I won't have withdrawals!) Then the brads were added to make it over the top cool! I just noticed that Janine has a tutorial on her blog showing how to make these corners. Go here to see it.

Like it? Doesn't it give you lots of ideas for birthdays?? Think of changing colors, or number of candles. If you've got some DSP that you love, this is the perfect card for using up little scraps. It looks like it's really involved and time-consuming, but it's surprisingly fast to stamp up. If you're interested in more info on this, just holler.

I'm be back soon with more goodies to share with you. Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends and make it memorable.

Hugs,

Sharon

No comments: